Deskins Commons meets a rising need for affordable workforce housing in small and fast-growing Newberg, Oregon. This eight-building new development contains 56 units of affordable housing for low-income families and individuals, including service-enhanced housing for up to eight very low-income people with chronic mental illness. HDC provided predevelopment assistance, including structuring an eight-source funding package, and managed construction—working with the project team to preserve distinctive site features, including a grove of old-growth white oak trees and the historic Todd House.
- Client Housing Authority of Yamhill County
- Location Newberg, Oregon
- Size 56 units; 47,560 square feet
- Development team IDEA Architecture & Development, Bremik Construction
- Completion date Fall 2014
- HDC role Predevelopment assistance and construction management