The Garlington Center will bring state-of-the-art thinking and tools to the delivery of integrated affordable housing, healthcare and wellness services. Sponsored by Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare, this Northeast Portland mixed-use development will house an integrated healthcare clinic, community wellness center and 52 affordable apartment units—10 reserved for veterans; 10 for people experiencing serious mental illness; and others targeting low-income families experiencing or at risk of community displacement. Garlington Center’s affordable housing and healthcare components draw from different types of financing sources; HDC worked with Cascadia to structure financing and plan the development of both components, each with its own ownership structure and development timeline. On the design/construction side, HDC helped Cascadia achieve its vision of a development that responds to the needs of the surrounding neighborhood, residents and clients.
- Client Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare
- Location Northeast Portland, Oregon
- Size 52 units; 68,000 square feet
- Development team Scott Edwards Architecture, Colas Construction
- Completion date Spring 2018
- HDC role Financial restructuring, construction management