The Orchards at Orenco
As of completion in June 2015, The Orchards at Orenco, Phase One, was the largest multifamily rental project in North America built to advanced Passive House energy-efficiency standards, and one of the largest affordable Passive House projects in the world. The 57-unit development provides “affordable living” opportunities for low-income families and individuals in Hillsboro’s transit-oriented Orenco Station community. Residents benefit from lower rents, lower utility costs, and reduced dependency on auto transit—the second biggest expense for Portland-area households, following rent.
- Project Sponsor REACH Community Development
- Location Hillsboro, Oregon
- Size 56,421 s.f., including 57 housing units and 16,250 s.f. of common space
Partners Ankrom Moisan Architects (of record)
William Wilson Architects (design)
Walsh Construction Co.
- Completion date Summer 2015 (Phase One)
- HDC role Coordination of energy incentives, construction management